The principles of Environ peels are based on physiology of skin cells, these are to be protected and treated very well. If the skin cell is aggressively peeled this disrupts the skins natural barrier and water will easily be lost and environmental toxins can enter the skin more easily. Hence Environ peels remove the excess horny layer of the skin and yet maintain the water-proofing barrier qualities of the skin. Environ Peels are ideal for hydrating and refining; they repair cells and encourage cell exfoliation revealing fresh and youthful skin. Especially effective to treat scarring, rough textured, sun damage, acne and rosacea.
You must be on the homecare range for a minimum of 3 weeks to prepare the skin before commencing treatment but, in some cases of active acne it is possible to have this treatment without using the products first however we strongly recommend using Environ products afterwards for best results and a course of 6-8 treatments may be recommended.
How do Environ Cool Peels Work?
Environ have a variety of peeling systems, using acidic creams and gels instead of using acid solutions. These peels preserve as much epidermis as possible while at the same time, getting the safest effective concentration of hydronium ions into the dermis. These peels are designed to preserve the architecture of the skin simultaneously stimulating the fibroblasts in the dermis to increase the quantity of collagen in the dermis.
What Skin Issues do Environ Cool Peels Treat?
Environ peels are an ideal way to treat acne that has not responded to prior simple treatments.
Rough skin will respond very successfully to peeling and skin that is in need of hydrating.
Wrinkles and fine lines.
Solarkeratoses(known as agespots)
It enhances facial surgery
What will my Skin feel like During and After my Environ Cool Peel?
During your Environ peel, you may experience a warm, tingling sensation, however most clients experience no discomfort. After your peel, your skin may feel tight and slightly warm.
How Long do Environ Cool Peels Take?
Environ peels of the face are generally performed in approximately 60 minutes. However, this will vary if it is combined with a facial or if it is done as a stand-alone treatment. During the consultation, I would be able to direct you as to how to go about the procedure. As generally one would need a series of peels to treat a specific condition.
How long afteran Environ Peel may I return to Normal Activities?
You must avoid sun exposure and sun beds. Avoid exercise for the 24 hours after your peel and do not pick, scratch or peel your skin. Mineral Make up can be applied immediately You may experience mild redness or tingling following your peel. One to three days following your procedure, you will notice mild to moderate peeling of the skin that can be concealed with the consistent use of mineral makeup.
ENVIRON COOL PEEL
Ideal for a variety of skin types. Safe and effective for treating and assisting with the appearance
of a lighter, more even skin tone; promoting the formation of healthy collagen and elastin; relieving problematic skin conditions and helping to refine the texture of sun damaged. MUST HAVE USED AN ENVIRON VITAMIN A CREAM FOR AT LEAST 3 WEEKS
See our results after weekly appointments for 4 Weeks and using CIT roller and Environ Revival Masque at home
Environ’s Approach To Peeling
Cool Peeling with Environ
Environ peeling systems that we use are based on
– Lactic Acid which is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid, made from asses milk,(Lac-Pamgel),
– TCA (tri-chloracetic acid), which is a man-made chemical based on acetic acid. These are very safe and allergic reactions or serious medical complications have never been described, (TCA Pamgels) and
– TCA (tri-chloracetic acid) which Environ pioneered in a cream as a peeling agent to give a controlled, even, safe and effective peel. (Acid Cream Mask – ACM)
Environ is different from other companies producing peels, because Environ pioneered the production of acidic creams and gels instead of using acid solutions.
Since strong acid solutions are usually colourless, one might end up doing a deeper peel than intended as one would not be able to see where the skin has been treated once the solution dries. Also, when a strong acid is applied to the skin it burns a great deal.
Hence Environ made the ACM peels that are white creams:
– The concentration of acid used is low, so one cannot make a peel too deep unless one is careless.
– The product is left on the skin for a longer time – this gives the same effects as a strong concentration of acid without damaging the skin.
– A thicker layer can be applied, which would present more acid to the skin than a thin layer will – hence the peel can be made deeper if required, but this can be controlled.
– The white cream allows the therapist to see exactly where the acid has been applied, and one can also determine the thickness of the application.
So, the therapist by controlling the concentration of acid used, and the thickness of the application, one has an extremely versatile peeling system that is ‘fine-tuned’ by controlling the time that the peeling agent is left on the skin. This is a slower treatment than using a solution, but the safety and versatility are unparalleled.
Environ has also pioneered the thick low concentration acid gel (TCA-Pamgel):
– The revolutionary concept here is that the evaporation of water from the gel will cool the skin while the acid penetrates, so it makes it a ‘cool peel’.
– Also the acid is applied in layers. This helps to increase the concentration of the acid, without lowering the pH of the skin.
– Avoid sun exposure, including sun beds, for the next wee
– Avoid exercise for 24 hours
– Avoid swimming – chemicals could irritate the skin
– Don’t rub, pick or irritate skin
– Do not use any Alpha Hydroxy products for 24 hours (normal skin) or 72 hours (sensitive skin)
– Avoid Alpha Cream for 1 week before and after an Environ peel
– Moisturize the skin adequately day and night. The B-Active range can be used immediately after the peel.
– Use sunscreen.
Contra-indications to Peeling
– Not adequately prepared on Vitamin A (3 weeks face and body)
– Sun worshippers / sun bed users / outdoor athletes (avoid peeling in summer)
– Iso-tretinoin (Roaccutane) avoid for 6 – 12 months
– Recent dermabrasion
– Diabetes or other major illnesses – GP Consent
– Skin diseases
– Radiation treatment
– Fever blisters (not a contra-indication but an outbreak can occur)
– On Vitamin A treatments e.g. Tigason
– Unrealistic expectations.
ENVIRON INTENSE C-PEEL FACIAL
This is a unique peeling and Vitamin C treatment in one. designed to soften the appearance of rough and sun damaged skin while delivering powerful vitamin C to help promote a healthy radiant appearance. Must be on AVST 3 or above.
The Environ Intense C Peel specifically targets pigmentation and uneven skin tone or skin that needs to be brightened. It is also recommended for photo ageing and lines and wrinkles. The Intense C Peel solution is fortified with extra strength vitamin C which lightens and brightens skin tone and brings anti ageing benefits. Used with the Ionzyme DF Machine the solution is applied to the skin and pulsed iontophoresis and sonophoresis is used to enhance the penetration of the ingredients deep into the dermal layers of the skin. The 4000% increase in penetration of ingredients brings visible results to the skin. The ingredients are left on the skin after the facial as absorption process continues for an hour after the facial. Your skin will look luminous and bright after the facial. A course of weekly treatments are recommended to give the best results.
– Can be customised according to each client’s requirements
– No down time
– Cool and painless
Environ Purifying Facial | 60 mins | £45.00
Designed to purify and exfoliate the skin as well as re-hydrate and calm redness this treatment is perfect for acne suffers or those concerned with congestion and breakouts. It also helps with scaring and deep set skin congestion. The combination of scientifically advanced products and techniques revives and refreshed the skin, leaving your skin feeling like new!
The treatment includes a deep cleanse, and then the Lac-Pamgel (also available for you to purchase and continue the treatment at home for a deeper peel) is applied and then using the Ionzyme DF II Machine, which is the first of its kind, Iontophoresis to help push the product even further into the skin and allow a truly deep exfoliate and sterilisation to take place on the skin. Creating an environment that makes it difficult for bacteria that causes acne to bread. Then to finish the Alginate mask is applied.
This can also be added on a mini Peel for other Environ Facials to help exfoliate congested areas for an extra £7.50